Monday, May 25, 2020

Quiet Contemplation - An Introduction


           Thank you to all who have taken time to read one or more of my blog entries. My prayer is that in some way you were blessed or inspired by something you read. Perhaps the information was new to you, or perhaps simply a new perspective. In any case, my prayer has always been to write whatever it is that the Lord needs someone else to read. My focus has always been to  encourage others.

That being said, I make no apologies for being honest and holding fast to the truths presented in scripture. It is never my intention, nor will it ever be, to water down the gospel just to make it more pleasing and acceptable to others. If you ever read something in my blog that causes you to question what you have always thought or heard, I encourage you to open your own Bible and study for yourself. Be confident not only in what you believe, but also in why you believe it. I will do likewise.

Write From My Heart is embarking on a new mission, or perhaps more accurately, a new format. Rather than longer, more in-depth, blog entries, the format will be similar to a brief devotional guide. Entries will open with a brief scripture text, followed by lighthearted casual commentary, and concluding with a prayer. It is my prayer that these daily snippets will help you develop a consistent time of quiet contemplation bringing you closer to your heavenly Father and encouraging your own time of spiritual growth.

The Lord bless thee, and keep thee;
The Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee;
The Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
Numbers 6:24-26 (KJV)

Respectfully written and submitted by
Dotty Willmon, Resurrection Christian—looking for the blessed hope of Christ’s return!

No comments:

Post a Comment