Thursday, July 6, 2023

Redeemed

Psalm 9:1-2 I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High.

Psalm 13:5-6 But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing the LORD’s praise, for he has been good to me.

Psalm 42:8 By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me—a prayer to the God of my life.

Psalm 89:1 I will sing of the LORD’s great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations.

            Music has always been a large part of my life. My earliest childhood memories include hearing my Mom sing hymns throughout the day. Our family faced many challenges throughout the years, but hymns were important for they brought encouragement and comfort no matter what situations we faced. The repetitious choruses of today may have their place in worship, but in my humble opinion, nothing can compare with the calming melodies and stirring words of our older traditional hymns. Sadly, they are becoming extinct in most churches. Today, I will simply let the words of one of my favorite hymns speak for itself. May it bring you encouragement and joy.

Redeemed (Fanny J. Crosby, 1820-1915)

            Redeemed, how I love to proclaim it, Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb; Redeemed thro’ his infinite mercy, His child and forever I am.

            Redeemed, and so happy in Jesus, No language my rapture can tell, I know that the light of his presence With me doth continually dwell.

            I think of my blessed Redeemer, I think of him all the day long; I sing, for I cannot be silent, His love is the theme of my song.

            I know I shall see in his beauty, The King in whose law I delight, Who lovingly guardeth my footsteps, And giveth me songs in the night.

            Redeemed, redeemed, Redeemed by the blood of the Lamb, Redeemed, Redeemed, His child and forever I am.

Gracious Heavenly Father,

            Thank you for the wonderful generations who put into writing and added music to create such wonderful reminders of your love. Thank you for the songs in my mother’s heart that were passed on to me. Although I miss her dearly, I will always have the memory of music to share.

            Thank you, Heavenly Father, for your redeeming love. Thank you for songs in the night.

            In the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, Amen.

 

The devotional Redeemed appeared first on Write From My Heart at writefrommyheartblog.blogspot.com

email: Dotty Willmon, writefrommyheartblog@gmail.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment