Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Glimmer of Hope

Psalm 71:14  As for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more.

            Often in my writings I say:  Yet there is hope. There is always hope. I truly believe this is so. After the devastation of a storm or natural disaster, once the debris has been cleared, hope in the form of delicate sprigs of new plant growth appears. During times of seemingly insurmountable and overwhelming health concerns we trust in the blessed hope of that glorious day when there will be no more pain or suffering. Hope can present itself in tangible ways—the sprigs of green, the smile of a friend, a helping hand, a card, a letter, the well-worn pages of your Bible. Many times, hope is simply the silent reminder that God is real, that he cares deeply for you, and that he will never abandon his children.

            If you are in need of hope today, my prayer is that God will place people in your pathway to encourage and support you. If things are going well with you today, my prayer is that you will respond to the opportunities God places in your pathway to encourage and support others around you who are in need of a glimmer of hope.

Gracious Heavenly Father,

            Thank you for the provision of hope from your Word. Thank you for the many ways and forms in which you provide hope for us, including the blessed hope of Christ’s soon return. Thank you for the opportunities you provide us to be the glimmer of hope in the life of someone who needs you.

            In the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, Amen.

 

The devotional Glimmer of Hope appeared first on Write From My Heart at writefrommyheartblog.blogspot.com

email: Dotty Willmon, writefrommyheartblog@gmail.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment