Wednesday, September 30, 2026

True Wisdom and Real Understanding

Greetings, dear Readers! This week I would like to share with you some of my favorite passages from Job – a man who was truly tested; whose helpful friends were not so helpful; but a man who never lost sight of his Redeemer.

Job 28:23-28 (NLT)  God alone understands the way to wisdom; he knows where it can be found, for he looks throughout the whole earth and sees everything under the heavens. He decided how hard the winds should blow and how much rain should fall. He made the laws for the rain and laid out a path for the lightning. Then he saw wisdom and evaluated it. He set it in place and examined it thoroughly. And this is what he says to all humanity: “The fear of the LORD is true wisdom; to forsake evil is real understanding.”

Omnipotent     God is all powerful!

Omniscient     God is all knowing!

Omnipresent     God is present in all places at all times, past, present, future – simultaneously – He does not hop, skip and jump between ages!  

Exodus 3:14 (NLT) God replied to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. Say this to the people of Israel: I AM has sent me to you.” [literal translation: ‘I WILL BE WHO I WILL BE’!]

True wisdom belongs to God alone. God is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent. Only as we begin to grasp the knowledge of Who God truly IS – to acknowledge His attributes – only then, do we catch a glimpse of true wisdom. Our response can be nothing less than to forsake (e.g., shun, put away, have nothing to do with) anything that is evil or anything that might cause us to fall short of God’s desire for us as his faithful people; for only then, does real understanding begin.

 

Lord God Almighty, our Father;

We are humbled to our core when we realize Who you are. We ask forgiveness for the many ways we fall short of your desire for us. Teach us to understand that our only response can be total respect, reverence and fear of You, our Almighty Father, followed by true obedience.

In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

 

The devotional  True Wisdom and Real Understanding appeared first February 4, 2026 on Write From My Heart at https://writefrommyheartblog.blogspot.com   As the original author, I reserve the right to update, edit, and republish.

Email: Dotty Willmon, writefrommyheartblog@gmail.com

Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment