Monday, November 9, 2020

Because I Need This, Too

 Write From My Heart / November 9, 2020 / Because I Need This, Too

            Good afternoon. I generally do not post two devotions in one day, but my heart tells me if I need this, then possibly someone else may, too. No big lengthy devotional writing, just simple scripture. After all, Scripture almost always says it best, agreed?

Psalm 31:14-15 (NIV) But I trust in you, O LORD; I say, “You are my God.” My times are in your hands.

Psalm 31:24 (NIV) Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD.

2 Chronicles 20:12 (NIV) O our God, … We do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon you.

            We know the future—Christ will come again. But we don’t know today or tomorrow. Until he comes, we tend only to see the immediate concerns surrounding us. These may be health related, finance related, or even politically related concerns. But we serve a faithful God who remains in control. Our job is to keep our eyes on Him while encouraging others to do the same. Spread the Good News to all around us giving them the same opportunity for finding peace and comfort as we ourselves have in our loving Heavenly Father.

            In my heart I honestly believe the next several years will require Christians and families to come together as they have never done before. I know physical church attendance and family holiday gatherings are limited in many areas and that is not really what I’m talking about. There are many ways for Christians and families to stay connected through phone, mail, online. Encourage one another. Stay in contact with one another. And above all, pray for one another. I know you are already doing these things, but my heart tells me it will become even more crucial that we stay connected. Keep your eyes on God and he will see us through.

Gracious Heavenly Father,

            Thank you for your watch care over us. Help us to stay focused on you for we trust you to see us through the concerns surrounding us. Keep us safe and keep our loved ones safe. They are precious to us and we know they are precious to you. Give us courage to be bold in proclaiming your love and mercy to others, for they need your peace and comfort, too.

            In the name of Christ Jesus our Lord and Savior, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment