Sunday, November 8, 2020

Good News

 Write From My Heart / November 8, 2020 / Good News

Luke 2:10-11 (NIV) But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.”

Psalm 22:27, 30-31 (NIV) All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD, and all the families of the nations will bow down before him. … Posterity will serve him; future generations will be told about the Lord. They will proclaim his righteousness to a people yet unborn—for he has done it.

            Mankind tarnished God’s good creation with sin. As sin developed and grew to a consuming, overwhelming state; one man’s steadfast faith found God’s favor. Mankind was spared total annihilation, and God’s good plan generated from before the beginning was set in motion. Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God would come to earth in human form. Jesus Christ would live and be tempted in every way we are and yet without sin, (Hebrews 4:15). Jesus Christ was the perfect sacrifice and he died on the cross shedding his blood for the payment of our sins—for we are all marred with a sinful nature and deserving of death. Yet in all this, there is Good News!

Romans 6:23 (NIV) For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 3:16-17 (NIV) For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Romans 10:9-10, 13 (NIV) That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. … for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

            Knowing this there can only be one response—one GOOD response for us to make—we are to personally accept and act upon this Good News; then spread the Good News to all others.

Romans 13:11 (NIV) And do this, understanding the present time. The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed.

Matthew 28:18-20 (NIV) Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I will be with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Psalm 71:14-15, 18 (NIV) But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure. I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, O Sovereign LORD; I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone. … Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, O God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your might to all who are to come.

Ephesians 6:19-20 (NIV) Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, … Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

Gracious Heavenly Father,

            We come to you tarnished and marred by a sinful nature. Forgive those sins we confess to you now and continue to forgive those sins unknown to us as you deepen our understanding of those areas in our life that need cleansing. We yield our lives to you. Give us the courage to spread the Good News of salvation through Christ to those with whom we come in contact each day. May we proclaim your love and mercy both through our words and in our actions toward others.

            In the name of Christ Jesus our Lord and Savior, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment