Saturday, August 28, 2021

GENTLENESS

 

Write From My Heart

August 28, 2021

GENTLENESS quality considered appropriate to those of good birth; one born into a family of social standing; refined

Philippians 4:5 (NIV) Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.

            Quite frankly, I have skipped over this verse enumerable times as I focused on the other exhortations listed in the fourth chapter of Philippians. And even when I did notice it, I just glossed over it thinking it just meant to be calm, not harsh or rude. Today it stood out like a neon sign. Gentleness. Born of good birth. What better birth could there be than to be a born again Christian?

John 3:3  In reply Jesus declared, “I tell you the truth, unless a man is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

            The question that immediately comes to my mind is this: When others see me, is the fact that I am born again through Christ evident to all? Do they see my Christian heritage by the way I live each day and by the way I react to daily circumstances? Does the nobility of Christ shine through me?

No comments:

Post a Comment