Friday, August 27, 2021

PATIENT

 

Write From My Heart

August 27, 2021

PATIENT  calmly tolerating delay

James 5:7-8 (NIV)  Be patient, then, brothers, until the Lord’s coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop and how patient he is for the autumn and spring rains. You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near.

            When it comes to patience, I think it is easier for me to be patient (i.e., endure without complaining) or to be patient (i.e., refusing to be provoked) than it is for me to tolerate delay. Waiting for something is not in my strength toolbox. When it comes to waiting for the second coming of Christ, I used to pray “come quickly” citing Revelation 22:20 (KJV). Then I discovered something that changed my perspective.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

            Each day we calmly tolerate delay is another day for someone to hear the Gospel and accept Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. That makes the waiting totally worth it all. Now when it comes to thoughts about the Second Advent of Christ, I spend time in prayer for all those family and friends who may need time to renew their commitment to the Lord because his coming is near.

           

No comments:

Post a Comment