Thursday, February 2, 2023

Search me, O God

 Psalm 139:23-24 (NIV)  Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

            How many times have you misplaced an item in your home and spent hours hunting and searching for it? For some of us it seems like more of a daily routine to find glasses, keys, and other household items. How often does it take someone else only a moment to find the missing item? “Oh, here it is!”

            It occurred to me this morning, that our spiritual lives are quite like that. We may search our own hearts and yet be unable to find anything amiss. Yet, if we trust our Heavenly Father to do the searching for us, he easily finds what we have overlooked. The gift of salvation through His Son, Jesus, provides the means for cleansing and setting things aright. The gift of guidance through His Spirit, provides the means for getting back on the right path that leads us in the way everlasting.

Gracious Heavenly Father,

            It is with humility we ask you to do the searching of our hearts. So many times we do not find the things in our lives that need attention, correction, or forgiveness. We trust you to show us areas in our attitudes, thoughts, words, and actions that are not pleasing to you. Lead us in the way everlasting.

            In Jesus’ name, Amen.

 

 

The devotional Search me, O God appeared first on Write From My Heart at writefrommyheartblog.blogspot.com

email: Dotty Willmon, writefrommyheartblog@gmail.com

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment