Monday, February 13, 2023

When Things Get Chaotic

 One of the things I remember well, was a Sunday School lesson that my father-in-law taught many years ago. If fact, one statement in particular has always stood out in my memory. 

God is a God of cosmos, not chaos.

Here are just a few things we can know for sure will remain constant:

Jesus                           Hebrews 13:8  Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

 

God                             Revelation 1:8  “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

 

God’s presence          Deuteronomy 31:8  The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.

 

God’s Word               Isaiah 55:8, 11  “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD. … “so is my word that goes out from my mouth; It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.”

 

God’s promises          James 1:17  Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

 

            There are so many distractions in our lives. Suddenly we find ourselves enveloped in chaos. Our plans and lives disrupted and we find ourselves in an attitude of mental frustration.

            In times such as these; we have a constant loving God who totally understands our situations. He loves us and cares deeply for us. In the midst of all of life’s ups and downs, God remains steady. We only need to lean on him.

Gracious Heavenly Father,

            You know everything distracting and disrupting in our lives. Calm our thoughts, steady our nerves, and remove our anxious thoughts. Everything we know about you leads us to cosmos (order and structure) and away from chaos. Help us trust you.

            In Jesus’ name, Amen.

The devotional When Things Get Chaotic appeared first on Write From My Heart at writefrommyheartblog.blogspot.com

email: Dotty Willmon, writefrommyheartblog@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment