Monday, October 4, 2021

ENOUGH

 

Write From My Heart

October 4, 2021

ENOUGH  the amount necessary or needed to fill; fully; quite

1 Kings 19:3-5 (NIV) Elijah was afraid and ran for his life. … He came to a broom tree, sat down under it and prayed that he might die. “I have had enough, LORD,” he said. “Take my life; I am no better than my ancestors.” The he lay down under the tree and fell asleep.

            Wouldn’t we all be millionaires, or perhaps even billionaires, if we had even a small amount for each time we uttered the words, “I’ve had enough!”? In Elijah’s case, he was afraid, and later he even expressed his loneliness to the Lord:

1 Kings 19:10  “I am the only one left, and now they are trying to kill me too.”

            Do we forget that God knows full well how much we can bear? Don’t you think God knows full well when we are reaching our breaking point? If you are observant, it is just at these times that God sends people into your life to encourage you or to stand beside you and lift you up in prayer. Just at the point when you think things will never change, all hope is lost, and your lot in life is just to muddle through as best you can…God sees, and God cares.

            In Elijah’s case, God provided nourishment and rest and the assurance that he was not alone. While he may provide similar things for us today; one thing is certain and clear, he always assures us with his promises:

Psalm 29:11 The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace.

Psalm 34:18 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Psalm 46:1-2 God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear.

Psalm 68:19 Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens.

Psalm 71:20 Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up.

Psalm 94:18-19 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your love, O LORD, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.

Psalm 121:1-2  I lift my eyes to the hills—where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.

I Peter 5:7 (NLT) Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment