Wednesday, September 23, 2020

There is No Equal

 

Write From My Heart / September 23, 2020 / There is No Equal

            Have you ever taken a word, such as equal, and given thought or study to it? We use this word in so many ways. Bakers think of equal amounts in a recipe as meaning the same in quantity. For example, one cup of sugar is equal to one cup of Splenda. My boys both work in fields related to science, so for them the term equal would indicate something identical in mathematical values. Politicians refer to equal in terms of being the same for each member, group, class, or society. No matter what the primary subject might be, one thing is clear—equal denotes things that are the same, without variation or difference.

God has no equal! 

            The greatest comfort in all the world to us is that God has no equal. He never grows tired or weary and he is always available to comfort and strengthen us. Nothing else compares.

Isaiah 40:25 (NLT)  “To whom will you compare me? Who is my equal?” asks the Holy One.

Isaiah 40:28-29 (NLT)  Have you never heard? Have you never understood? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding. He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.

Isaiah 41:10 (NLT)  Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

God is never more than a prayer away!

No comments:

Post a Comment