Thursday, September 10, 2020

Whatever You Do


Write From My Heart
September 10, 2020
Whatever You Do

Proverbs 16:3 (NIV)
Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.

Isaiah 26:12 (NIV)
LORD, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us.

Colossians 3:23-24 (NIV)
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

            From time to time I like to remind my readers that I am no better than anyone else. I do not consider myself in any sort of lofty terms. I recognize that whatever writing talent or ability I have, it comes from my Heavenly Father. My daily prayer before sitting down to write is always that God would allow his Spirit to guide and direct my thoughts and understanding of scriptures in a way that I am able write whatever it is that others may need to read. In all things I give credit to my Heavenly Father that he might receive all glory, honor, and praise.
            I believe with all my heart that this is true for all types of work. Whether you are in health care, farming, teaching, assembly work, sewing, quilting, crafting, animal care, music, research, finance, encouragement, or no matter what your talents and abilities are—when you commit your abilities to serving the Lord, you are successful in his eyes. Being successful in the eyes of the Lord is worth far more than being successful as the world measures success. For example, according to statistics, my writings reach a fairly limited audience which is not necessarily considered successful by world standards. Nevertheless, I am at peace with this because I know by my Heavenly Father’s standards I am working for him and by his standards I am successful as long as I remain obedient.
            Today, I encourage you to stop comparing yourself to others or to world standards. Be true to your Heavenly Father. Faithfully use whatever gifts and talents he has given you, and work at it with all your heart giving your very best effort in everything you do. Commit whatever results may be achieved to the Lord, and in fact, don’t worry about the results—leave that to your Heavenly Father. Concentrate on obedience. And in times of question or doubt, your Heavenly Father is never more than a prayer away!

No comments:

Post a Comment