Thursday, May 18, 2023

Almighty God, Creator of All

1 Chronicles 16:25-26  For great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; he is to be feared above all gods. For all the gods of the nations are idols, but the LORD made the heavens.

Psalm 135:5-7  I know that the LORD is great, that our Lord is greater than all gods. The LORD does whatever pleases him, in the heavens and on the earth, in the seas and all their depths. He makes clouds rise from the ends of the earth; he sends lightning with the rain and brings out the wind from his storehouses.

            If I hold any regrets in regard to my teaching career, it is teaching 6th Grade Social Studies. In our state that is the year to introduce world religions. Each morning my prayer was that I would not say or teach anything that would lead a young student astray from faith in God. Figuratively my hands were tied for I could talk about all other religions and their man-made gods, idols, customs and practices, but mention of Christian viewpoints from the Bible was forbidden in public school. Finding creative ways to slip in a few biblical truths was the best I could manage, but it always left me unsettled. I still pray collectively for all the sixth grade students who passed through my classroom.

            The God we serve is the only True God. No other gods created the heavens and the earth, nor the seas, nor the skies. Any other god from any other nation was itself generated by human hands or human thought. Only the LORD God Almighty is the Creator and Maker of what exists today, including human life.

            Today, my heart reaches out to those whom for whatever reason question the existence of an Almighty God, Creator of all that is. Perhaps you once grew up knowing the truth from God’s Word, but public schools, colleges, other worldly sources have pulled you away and left doubts and questions in your mind. Perhaps what little I am able to write doesn’t convince you. Allow me to suggest further reading that might provide some answers. These authors are highly educated and come from notable scientific backgrounds. The books I will recommend are not “easy reads” but will require some thought. Although I have these three books myself in Kindle format, I am sure you will be able to locate them in print versions if that is your choice.

Guillen, Michael, PhD. Believing is Seeing. Tyndale, 2021.

            ISBN-10 1496455576          ISBN-13 978-1496455574

Metaxas, Eric. Is Atheism Dead? Salem Books, 2021.

            ISBN 978-1-68451-173-0          eISBN 978-1-68451-209-6

Guillen, Michael, PhD. Five Equations That Changed the World. Hyperion, 1995.

            ISBN 978-0-7868-8187-1          eISBN  978-1-4013-0491-1

 

            Of course, dear readers, the best book you could read is the Bible. In it you will discover the truth. In it you will discover the answers to your questions.

Psalm 146:6 He is the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them—he remains faithful forever.

Gracious Heavenly Father,

            Forgive me if I have ever led any of your precious little ones astray. Instill in us the importance of standing strong in your Word and teaching it to future generations without hesitation or timidity. For those who are searching today, who have questions and doubts, open their hearts and minds to the truth of your Word. Show them the many ways in which science supports the Bible, for you are the Creator and Maker of us, our world, and all that is, including science itself and all the scientific laws and principles that hold our universe together. We praise you.

            In the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, Amen.

 

The devotional Almighty God, Creator of All appeared first on Write From My Heart at writefrommyheartblog.blogspot.com

email: Dotty Willmon, writefrommyheartblog@gmail.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment