Monday, September 23, 2024

Be Strong and Take Heart

Psalm 31:23-24  Love the LORD, all his faithful people! The LORD preserves those who are true to him, … Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD.

            Today’s message is a simple and lighthearted reminder, yet so powerful for us. It is a simple reminder that we cannot control our circumstances. We encounter both good things and not-so-good things along this path of life we tread.  But within each difficulty or challenge we face, if we remain true to our Heavenly Father, He will see us through whatever we face. Our strength comes from God and He is more than able to sustain us.

            I often like to include multiple verses to support the day’s theme, and I will do so again today. Hopefully you will be reminded of how much encouragement can be found in the Bible.

In times of stress, difficulty, illness, or discouragement…

Psalm 6:9  The LORD has heard my cry for mercy; the LORD accepts my prayer.

Psalm 46:1  God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

Psalm 73:26  My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Nahum 1-7  The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him.

Matthew 11:28  Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Psalm 105:4  Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.

Psalm 142:3  When my spirit grows faint within me, it is you who watch over my way.

            Dear Reader, this is just a small sampling of verses of encouragement. I am confident that with your Bible open and ready you will find many more. Share what you find with others. The need for encouragement is great.

 

Gracious Heavenly Father,

            You are so faithful to strengthen and encourage those who trust in you. Forgive our inclination to doubt or grow weary and help us to encourage others in the way you encourage us.

            In the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, Amen.

 

The devotional Be Strong and Take Heart appeared first on Write From My Heart at https://writefrommyheartblog.blogspot.com

email: Dotty Willmon, writefrommyheartblog@gmail.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment