Tuesday, September 24, 2024

When WE Are the Problem

Psalm 139:23-24  Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

            Yesterday we explored verses of encouragement for times of difficulty and troubles of all kinds. But sometimes (and how shall I put this delicately?) we are the problem. Sometimes the source of stress in our life comes from excessive worry over things we have no way to control. Sometimes the source of conflict comes from our overreactions to the words of others, or worse, our own poorly chosen words. Sometimes the source of difficulty comes from our inability to yield when it is prudent to do so. Sometimes the problem is initially forgiving others but not forgetting or letting it go. Of course, not always, but I do think sometimes we create our own messes. The Bible is just as instructive and invaluable during these times, too.

When WE are the problem…

Deuteronomy 4:39  Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the LORD is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.

Psalm 141:3-4  Set a guard over my mouth, LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips. Do not let my heart be drawn to what is evil…

Proverbs 3:7  Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil.

Proverbs 3:30  Do not accuse anyone for no reason—when they have done you no harm.

Jonah 4:4  But the LORD replied, “Is it right for you to be angry?”

Matthew 6:27  Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

Matthew 7:1  Do not judge, or you too will be judged.

Colossians 3:13b  Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

 

Thankfully…

Deuteronomy 7:9  Know therefore that the LORD your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments.

Jeremiah 31:34  For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.

Psalm 103:12  as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

Isaiah 44:22  I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you.

 

Gracious Heavenly Father,

            You see every blunder we make and you know about it before it even takes place. You know our hearts and you know each anxious thought. You also know the guilt we put ourselves through over past mistakes. We humbly thank you that in your great love and mercy you are ready and waiting to forgive. In you we have forgiveness and a new beginning. Lead us in the way everlasting.

            In the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, Amen.

 

The devotional When WE Are the Problem appeared first on Write From My Heart at  

https://writefrommyheartblog.blogspot.com

email: Dotty Willmon, writefrommyheartblog@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment