Monday, April 3, 2023

A Simple Prayer of Trust

 Matthew 6:27 (NIV)  Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

            Such a simple question. It has a simple answer.

Philippians 4:6-7 (NIV)  Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

            No additional words are needed. The message is simple. Worry will not help. Prayer will. Prayer brings peace of mind. The closing prayer is not one I created, but a prayer I discovered in the following book that I purchased in Kindle format. It is a simple prayer of trust.

Barnett, Joe. 6 Verses That Can Change Your Life. CrossLink Publishing, 2011.

[Gracious Heavenly Father,]

            You are God; I’m not.

            You know what is best; I don’t.

            I haven’t come to tell you what to do;

            I have come to you to ask you to do what is best.

            I don’t know what you will do,

            but I know it will be the right thing.

                                    Amen.

 

The devotional A Simple Prayer of Trust appeared first on Write From My Heart at writefrommyheartblog.blogspot.com

 

email: Dotty Willmon, writefrommyheartblog@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment