Friday, April 28, 2023

Trust in God's Unfailing Love

 Psalm 143:8  Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life. 

            Yesterday we began looking at a few of the promises in God’s Word that so frequently bring me hope. Today I would like to share a few more of my favorite verses. I would encourage you to fill the toolbox of your mind with God’s precious promises. The more tools you have tucked away in your mind’s toolbox, the easier they will be to recall in times of need.

When I am feeling the aging effects of “accumulated birthdays”:

Isaiah 41:10  So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Isaiah 35:3-4, 5-6  Strengthen the feeble hands, steady the knees that give way; say to those with fearful hearts, “Be strong, do not fear; your God will come” … Then will the eyes of the blind be opened and the ears of the deaf unstopped. Then will the lame leap like a deer, and the mute tongue shout for joy.

Psalm 73:26  My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Job 19:25-27  I know that my redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand on the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes—I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!

Psalm 105:4  Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.

Isaiah 46:4  Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.

Judges 6:14  The LORD turned to him [Gideon] and said, “Go in the strength you have…”

2 Corinthians 4:16  Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

When my mind brings up the past and/or I am tempted to relive old mistakes:

Isaiah 43:18-19  Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing!

Ecclesiastes 7:10  Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?” For it is not wise to ask such questions.

Isaiah 43:25  I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more.

Isaiah 44:21-22  I have made you, you are my servant; … I will not forget you. I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you.

Isaiah 1:18 …Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.

1 John 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

During sleepless nights:

Psalm 4:8  In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, LORD, make me dwell in safety.

Matthew 11:28  Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Psalm 121:3-4  …he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he…will neither slumber nor sleep.

Remembering that my Heavenly Father is only a whispered prayer away:

Psalm 145:18  The LORD is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.

Isaiah 58:9 Then you will call, and the LORD will answer; you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.

Isaiah 55:6  Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near.

Proverbs 15:29  The LORD is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the righteous.

Revelation 5:8 …they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of God’s people.

Deuteronomy 31:6  Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.

Deuteronomy 4:29  But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Joshua 1:9  Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.

Psalm 55:16-17 As for me, I call to God, and the LORD saves me. Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and he hears my voice.

Psalm 6:9  The LORD has heard my cry for mercy; the LORD accepts my prayer.

Lamentations 3:57  You came near when I called you, and you said, “Do not fear.”

When the thoughts in my head are rolling around like chaotic marbles:

Isaiah 26:3-4 You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal.

2 Timothy 1:7 (KJV)  For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

            Yes, dear friends, I have similar concerns and daily challenges to face as do you. I get through each day because I trust God’s unfailing love and the precious promises he provides in his written Word.

Gracious Heavenly Father,

            Thank you that you care. Thank you for your unfailing love.

            In the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, Amen.

The devotional Trust in God’s Unfailing Love appeared first on Write From My Heart at writefrommyheartblog.blogspot.com

email: Dotty Willmon, writefrommyheartblog@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment