Wednesday, April 26, 2023

An Everlasting Kingdom

Daniel 7:13-14, 27  In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed. … His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all rulers will worship and obey him.

            No, I’m not a biblical theologian, nor do I know deep meanings behind prophetic passages such as this account of Daniel’s dream during the reign of King Belshazzar of Babylon (this was after the times of King Darius and King Cyrus). But here is what I do know. I serve a real and living God, the Creator of all things. He loves and cares for his faithful ones. He sacrificed the life of his one and only Son to redeem me from my sins. And one day, as this passage indicates, whether I am living or long gone, Christ will return to rule the earth made new and pure from all evil. From that moment on, I will forever and for all eternity remain in the loving presence of my Lord and Savior. This I believe. This is what keeps me functioning and moving forward on a daily basis. This is my source of hope.

Gracious Heavenly Father,

            Your soon coming Kingdom is an everlasting kingdom and all peoples will worship and obey you. You will remember your faithful ones and they will be with you for all eternity. In humility, I ask you to prepare my heart for that day. I ask you to prepare the heart of each one who reads this message. Forgive our failures. Thank you for the provision of strength and courage to continue on faithfully each day until you return. Thank you for the provision of Blessed Hope in Christ.

            In the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, Amen.

 

The devotional An Everlasting Kingdom appeared first on Write From My Heart at writefrommyheartblog.blogspot.com

email: Dotty Willmon, writefrommyheartblog@gmail.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment