Friday, June 5, 2020

Quiet Contemplation - Day 11


Psalm 18:1-2 (NIV)
I love you, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.

Every day we learn of new turmoil and struggles in our nation spilling into our local communities. Meanwhile, we deal with personal issues (e.g., friends with serious health concerns, loss of a friend or family member, financial concerns, employment concerns, etc.) Through it all, the Lord is our Rock and he will be our shelter in any storm of life we face. It reminds me of an old hymn we used to sing. It can be located online or in several hymnals, (words by V.J. Charlesworth, 1880; adapted by I.D. Sankey, 1885):

The Lord’s our Rock, in Him we hide, a shelter in the time of storm;
Secure whatever ill betide, a shelter in the time of storm.

A shade by day, defense by night, a shelter in the time of storm;
No fears alarm, no foes affright, a shelter in the time of storm.

O Rock divine, O Refuge dear, a shelter in the time of storm;
Be Thou our helper ever near, a shelter in the time of storm.

Gracious Heavenly Father,
            Forgive us when our courage fails and we fear the storms of life. Thank you for being our Rock, our Fortress, our “shelter in the time of storms.”
            In Christ’s name we pray, Amen.

Respectfully written and submitted by
Dotty Willmon, Resurrection Christian—looking for the blessed hope of Christ’s return!

No comments:

Post a Comment