Monday, June 15, 2020

Quiet Contemplation - Day 21


Psalm 9:15-16 (NIV)
The nations have fallen into the pit they have dug; their feet are caught in the net they have hidden. The LORD is known by his justice; the wicked are ensnared by the work of their hands.

Psalm 10:1 (NIV)
Why, O LORD, do you stand far off? Why do you hide yourself in times of trouble?

Isaiah 59:1-2 (NIV)
Surely the arm of the LORD is not too short to save, nor his ear too dull to hear. But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear.

            My favorite topics are God’s love, his mercy, daily comfort and strength, and hope for the future. However, the hard truth is that we need those things precisely because we are sinful by nature and we need the solution God provides through his Son, Jesus Christ.
            As unpleasant as it may be, we must face the reality of sin in the world. Putting on blinders will not erase the problem. Our nation has some major issues with truth, justice, and civility taking place in many major cities. Lawlessness has devastating consequences not only to those involved, but also to thousands, millions, who must suffer the after affects. People rioting or taking up the chants for this cause or that may soon find they have tangled their own feet in their own nets. Sin, no matter what form or to what degree, will always result in separation from God.
            Meanwhile, many who have placed their trust in God may begin to lose hope. We may be tempted to feel God is standing far off, or we may wonder why he does not respond.  First of all, God is never more than a prayer away. He responded before we ever even knew we needed help when he set the plan of salvation through Jesus Christ in motion.
           
Gracious Heavenly Father,
             Today my heart is heavy for our nation. Lord, when I don’t have the words, the only thing I know to do is echo a prayer from your word:
            Psalm 62:5-8 (NIV) Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.
In Christ’s name we pray, Amen.

Respectfully written and submitted by
Dotty Willmon, Resurrection Christian—looking for the blessed hope of Christ’s return!

No comments:

Post a Comment