Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Second Helpings

Matthew 6:27  Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

Psalm 59:9-10, 16  You are my strength, I watch for you; you, God, are my fortress, my God on whom I can rely. … I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.

            Believe it or not, Thanksgiving is right around the corner. And who doesn’t love second helpings? Turkey-dressing-pumpkin pie…second helpings are great.

            Dear Readers, that’s what I need today—no, not food, but a second helping of God’s reassurance. In stressful times (and our Nation is fueling plenty of those right now) we can always rely on God’s strength and compassion. Even in times of natural storms (and we also have plenty of those right now) we can always rely on God’s strength and compassion.

            You know I always write from my heart and I have written on this topic many times, even recently. But this morning my heart needed a second helping of God’s strength and compassion. I thought your heart might need a second helping, too.

 

Gracious Heavenly Father,

            Forgive us when we allow worry to dominate our thoughts. Thank you for the promise of strength and courage you provide because of your compassion for us. We are thankful and humbly grateful for your love.

            In the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, Amen.

 

 

The devotional Second Helpings appeared first on Write From My Heart at  

https://writefrommyheartblog.blogspot.com

email: Dotty Willmon, writefrommyheartblog@gmail.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment