Wednesday, September 15, 2021

NEED

 

Write From My Heart

September 15, 2021

NEED  something necessary or required

2 Peter 1:3-4 (NLT)  By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence. And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires.

            There is so much to glean from these two short verses. Do not be surprised if we look at this passage for a few days. The very first thing I notice are some thoughts about the word need. It isn’t the things we necessarily want, but the things we need that God will supply. There is a difference. Sometimes I think I need a lot of things, but God knows what I actually need. Ironically, sometimes when I look back, I’m extremely grateful God didn’t give in to my wants because I don’t always know what is best, but he does. It is by his divine power that he provides for me—and you! Take time to ask God to help you distinguish between your wants and needs. Then thank God for the wisdom of his provisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment