Saturday, January 16, 2021

Praise the LORD

Write From My Heart / January 16, 2021 / Praise the LORD

Psalm 117:1-2 (NLT) Praise the LORD, all you nations. Praise him, all you people of the earth. For he loves us with unfailing love; the LORD’s faithfulness endures forever. Praise the LORD!

Psalm 118:28-29 (NLT) You are my God, and I will praise you! You are my God, and I will exalt you! Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever.

            Initially these two passages seem to be the same since they address the same theme. My heart sees something I have not noticed until recently. Perhaps it has been the pandemic which has highlighted the difference for me. Never again will I take corporate worship for granted, and by corporate worship I am referring to a unified body of believers, not the facility nor the association itself. However, if I am completely honest, as long as I had corporate worship to rely on it was easy to let individual worship slide. My heart tells me we need both.

            Over the past several months, due to living in one of the more restricted states, I have learned the value of independent worship. Now to be clear, I am so thankful and grateful for churches who have had the means and ability to broadcast their services. Because of this online availability I have enjoyed participating in churches both near and far away from my hometown. I consider this a rare privilege, although it does cause me to wonder about what might happen should governments control not only physical attendance but online availability as well? We would like to think that would never happen, but would we be ready if it did? Now is the time I need to establish a routine of individual worship, including time for prayer, Bible study, and praise through music in my heart. I still value corporate worship time via online methods and I truly look forward with joyful anticipation of being able to worship in person. Meanwhile, I will praise the LORD my God each day through taking time for individual worship. God is good! He is faithful! Let us give thanks to him, for his love endures through all time!

Gracious Heavenly Father,

            Thank you for your unfailing love. In mercy we ask you to forgive our weaknesses. With thankful hearts we praise you!

            In the name of Christ Jesus our Lord and Savior, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment