Thursday, June 17, 2021

SEEN vs. UNSEEN

 

Write From My Heart

June 17, 2021

 

SEEN  tangible; visible

UNSEEN  intangible; invisible

 

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 (NIV)  Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

 

Ponder this: If you consider all of those things you hold dear and precious or in any way consider to be valuable, undoubtedly you will first think of something you can touch, hold, or hug. I think that’s normal. Yet the reality is tangible, touchable, huggable items are only temporary. They do not last; they are here, then they are not. They break, they deteriorate, they die. Life in Christ teaches us that there is greater value in focusing upon those things that are not so easily perceived. The reality is…

 

Things I can see for a while that will eventually be gone:  plants, animals, family, friends, “things”, “stuff”, earthly possessions, money, time (as measured by humans). It doesn’t mean these are not important or highly valued by me, I just understand that they are temporary and they will not always be with me.

 

Things I cannot see that will last forever:  God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit, faith, grace, love, peace, hope, eternity (time as measured by God). This is the list that brings my life stability. This is the list that brings my life peace. This is the list that remains when all else fails or disappears.

No comments:

Post a Comment