Friday, August 16, 2024

Encouraging Words

Romans 15:4  For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.

1 Thessalonians 5:11  Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

2 Thessalonians 2:16-17  May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.

Philemon v. 7  Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the Lord’s people.

            There are numerous scriptures about encouragement. This sampling noted above are some of my favorites because they are instructions to us as Christians—that we are to be a people of encouragers for others. Understanding one another, seeing their needs and concerns, sharing their hurts and sorrows to the Lord in prayer; these are all ways of sharing love, hope, and encouragement. Quite honestly, I can think of no higher commendation than Paul’s message to  Philemon thanking him and calling Philemon a brother who “refreshed the hearts of the Lord’s people.”

            I have often prayed for the Lord to guide me in writing whatever it is that he wants someone to read—even if that someone is me. And today’s devotional fits that prayer, for the question I ponder is this:  Am I known for refreshing the hearts of others?

Gracious Heavenly Father,

            I recall many people who have been encouragers to me when I was in need. Thank you for placing them in my life. Forgive my times of insensitivity or times of being oblivious to the concerns of others. Teach me to be someone who refreshes the hearts of others. Guide me to respond to the opportunities you place in my life.

            In the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, Amen.

 

The devotional Encouraging Words appeared first on Write From My Heart at https://writefrommyheartblog.blogspot.com

email: Dotty Willmon, writefrommyheartblog@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment