Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Perfect Peace

Isaiah 26:3-4  You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.  Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal.

            Having just returned from a quick trip to FL to attend memorial services for my Uncle Don Wrigley, my mind is pleasantly full of family memories shared around the table (many tables). One of the memories I anticipate holding dear for many years to come was a story shared from my uncle’s last days. The setting was a quiet intimate hospice room with immediate family and a pastor present, perhaps some medical staff as well. My uncle communicated that he wished to hear Isaiah 26:3 read aloud. The pastor followed the request and began to explain to my uncle about God’s peace being with him; to which my uncle immediately responded, “No, YOU!” Even during his last days, my uncle who had been in ministry for 70+ years was still the minister in the room. He wanted to make sure that his son & daughter, the pastor, and any others present in the room knew that God’s perfect peace was for them.

            This story was shared publicly to the many who attended his memorial service, and based on that, I share it publicly with you. Dear Friends, I do not know what interrupts your peace of mind and heart today. You may be in the midst of grief, financial struggles, health and medical concerns, unpleasant job assignments, uncomfortable relationships, stress over our nation’s political situation, or any other of a wide multitude of concerns. But I do know this, Isaiah 26:3-4 will not necessarily solve any issues, but it will give you the pathway to peace in the midst of those issues when you focus on the Lord. Trust in the Lord forever, for truly his is our Rock.

Gracious Heavenly Father,

            I thank you for the life and ministry of my Uncle, Don Wrigley. I thank you for the encouragement he brought to so many. Today we face many challenges and struggles that would interrupt the peace in our lives. We thank you for this Isaiah text which reminds us to keep our minds steadfast (i.e., stayed, fixed, focused) on You.

            In the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, Amen.

 

The devotional Perfect Peace appeared first on Write From My Heart at https://writefrommyheartblog.blogspot.com

email: Dotty Willmon, writefrommyheartblog@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment