Saturday, December 12, 2020

Audits & Resolutions - Day 12

 Write From My Heart / December 12, 2020  / Audits & Resolutions – Day 12

 Question: What do I do when I don’t know what to do?

Proverbs 3:5-6 (NLT) Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.

Isaiah 55:6 (NLT) Seek the LORD while you can find him. Call on him now while he is near.

Jeremiah 29:11-13 (NLT) “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.”

            I’m pretty sure there was a time in every Minister’s/Pastor’s/Theologian’s life when they came to the point of just having to stop and say, “Lord, I’m not sure what to do next. Guide my understanding.” Or at least something similar to that. If the wisest of our clergy recognize their need to stop and seek God’s guidance, then why do the rest of us place so much guilt upon ourselves for doing likewise? In fact, the wisest biblical scholars probably realize that seeking God is what you should do first and not when you are at your last point of hope. Scripture reinforces that we are to seek God in all that we do—even the small things. No item is ever too great or too small to bring before our Heavenly Father. Furthermore, when things do build up, stop feeling guilty for failing to take it to him sooner—simply take it to him NOW while he is near. As you have heard me say many times, our Heavenly Father is never more than a prayer away.

Resolution: Seek God’s will in both the great things and the small things.

Gracious Heavenly Father,

            Forgive us for the times we seek your guidance as a last resort or last chance. Strengthen our resolve to come to you more often and the courage to follow your leading. Through prayer and Bible study show us the path we are to follow.

            In the name of Christ Jesus our Lord and Savior, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment