Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Audits & Resolutions - Day 8

 Write From My Heart / December 8, 2020 / Audits & Resolutions – Day 8

 Question: Have I maintained a genuine awe of God?

Psalm 19:1 (NIV) The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

Psalm 29:2 (NIV) Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness.

Psalm 34:3 (NIV) Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together.

Psalm 96:8-9 (NIV) Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; bring an offering and come into his courts. Worship the LORD in the splendor of his holiness; tremble before him, all the earth.

            We are indeed living in some strange and uncertain times. However one constant remains. God is the Creator and Sustainer of all that is. I stand in awe of the many details in his creation.

            Yesterday as I sat by the window reading, I happened to notice the interaction between a small bird and gray squirrel. First, while the little warbler watched from its perch in a nearby bush, the squirrel would quickly deposit a treasured acorn. Then as soon as the squirrel dashed off, the warbler would take its turn at retrieving whatever insect or berry it could find, always retreating back to its spot on the branch just in time for the squirrel’s return. This exchange continued for several moments as I marveled at the display of God’s creation.

            I have always been intrigued with the tiniest details of plants and animals, but also in the variations of cloud formations, the changing appearance of colors in the skies, the starry night skies, and yes—even the passing by of storms. It reveals more of God’s beauty and majesty for he created all the things as well as put in place all the laws of science and nature to sustain his creation.

            In these unusual times, some of us are temporarily attending worship services through online sources, or even quietly alone in our home. I think we could very well use this time of isolation to strengthen the focus of our worship. While someday I look forward to joining with other Christians in Sunday worship, today I stand in awe of the majesty of God. It has taught me that I can worship every day.

Resolution: Worship the Lord God in every opportunity.

Gracious Heavenly Father,

            I confess that I had begun to rely too heavily on others to prepare worship for me. Now I have a clearer understanding that worship of you begins in my heart. I stand in awe of your majesty and glory. Thank you for your mercy and grace.

            In the name of Christ Jesus our Lord and Savior, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment