Sunday, December 13, 2020

Audits & Resolutions - Day 13

Write From My Heart / December 13, 2020 / Audits & Resolutions – Day 13

Question: How deeply do I allow financial concerns to dominate my life?

Philippians 4:11-13 (NLT) Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.

Hebrews 13:5 (NLT) Don’t love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.”

            Perhaps this is one of the most difficult topics to cover during this time, or really any time. So many people have true deep concerns about their financial future or security. Not only does this topic come just prior to holidays with worldly emphasis on gift-giving, but we are finishing a year that has be financially draining on families and seniors throughout our nation. I do not want to diminish or make light of any of these concerns. They are real.

            However I do know this; God is able to sustain us through any difficulties we may face. We can look to the Apostle Paul as our example of courage when facing financial stress. As Paul learned how to be content in each situation, so can we when we trust God. He will not abandon those who trust him. Those of us who have been blessed may also have unique opportunities to give of our means to help others. Whatever our situation this year, plenty or want, God remains near to those who call upon him.

Resolution: Be content.

Gracious Heavenly Father,

            We are truly blessed in many ways. Yet we are also keenly aware that many are dealing with deep financial concerns. Heavenly Father we trust you in all things. We know that in you we are able to find peace in whatever circumstances we may face.

            In the name of Christ Jesus our Lord and Savior, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment