Thursday, May 6, 2021

ASHAMED

 

Write From My Heart

May 6, 2021

 

ASHAMED  reluctant because of feeling shame (i.e., guilt, dishonor) beforehand

 

Romans 1:16-17 (NIV) I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”

 

Ponder this: On a recent news program an immigrant to the United States explained that she was proud to be a legal citizen of our nation. She had worked hard to come here but was shocked to hear Americans born in our nation proclaiming how ashamed they were of our country. She thought perhaps if they traveled to other countries they might realize just how good America is.

            On a similar theme, I am not only thankful to be an American, but I am especially thankful to be a Christian. I stand with Paul in my refusal to be reluctant or hesitant in sharing scripture from God’s Word. There may be a day, and coming all too soon, in which being a Christian American will place one as a target for derision on more than one level. Are you ready to stand up for your country and stand up for your God?

 

Ephesians 6:19-20 (NIV)  Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel … Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment