Tuesday, May 4, 2021

SHUNS

 

Write From My Heart

May 4, 2021

 

SHUNS keep away from; avoid consistently and mindful of details

 

Isaiah 59:14-15 (NIV) So justice is driven back, and righteousness stands at a distance; truth has stumbled in the streets, honesty cannot enter. Truth is nowhere to be found, and whoever shuns evil becomes a prey. The LORD looked and was displeased that there was no justice.

 

Ponder this: Today’s buzz word is all about immunity—resistance to something disagreeable, toxic, or harmful. There is nothing more disagreeable, toxic, or harmful than sin in all its variations and forms and to whatever degree it is found. Shunning evil obliterates the little white lie theory. All wrong is wrong. All sin is sin.  How ironic that in our world today, the person who shuns evil is one who becomes the target.  In spite of this, Christians are to shun (i.e. keep away from, avoid consistently) evil in all its forms for we are blessed with a promise: “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand,” (Isaiah 41:10).

No comments:

Post a Comment